1. DISTINCTIVE PROFILE OF THE NATION
Enduring question of mankind is ‘How I can be happy’? Different countries have attempted different methods, like material happiness, religious happiness, etc. But nothing is been successful.
A country materially rich lacks mental peace, a country materially poor struggles to feed hungry stomachs. The path of achieving both is arduous. But here comes a absolute philosophy for a Nation to be called a ‘Distinct one’ which targets the basic change in the quality of citizenship.
The following is the Dr. APJ Kalama’s Vision of a Distinctive Nation.
1. A Nation where the rural and urban divide has reduced to a thin line.
2. A Nation where there is an equitable distribution and adequate access to energy and quality water.
3. A Nation where agriculture, industry and service sector work together in symphony.
4. A Nation where education with value system is not denied to any meritorious candidates because of societal economic discrimination.
5. A Nation which is the best destination for the most talented scholars, Scientists and investors.
6. A Nation where the best of health care is available to all.
7. A Nation where the governance is responsive, transparent and corruption fee.
8. A Nation where poverty has been totally eradicated, illiteracy removed and crimes against women and children are absent and none in the Society feels alienated.
9. A Nation that is prosperous, healthy, secure, devoid of terrorism, peaceful and happy and continuous with a sustainable growth path.
10. A Nation that is one of the best places to live in and is proud of its leadership.
2 . OATH FOR THE YOUTH
Animals strength is Muscular. Animals become capable of living on their, in a short period of their birth. But a human baby needs nourishment for years together. The tenderness of baby attracts inflictions from society. A healthy society ensures, healthy growth of baby into youth. One cannot conceive a world where only elders lead & youth follow. It is the blend that clicks – dynamism of youth & guidance of elder. Dr. Abdul Kalam is splendid in diagnosing the youth of India and presents a clinical way to uphold the quality of youth through Oath. The following is the Oath Advocated by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam for the Youth of India.
1. I will have a goal and work hard to achieve that goal. I realize that small aim is a crime.
2. I will work with integrity and succeed with integrity.
3. I will be a good member of my family, a good member of the Society, a good member of the nation and a good member of the World.
4. I will always try to save or better someone’s life, without any discrimination of caste, creed, language, religion or state. Wherever I am, a thought will always come to my mind that is “what can I give?”
5. I will always protect and enhance the dignity of every human life without any bias.
6. I will always remember the importance of time. My motto will be “Let not my Winged days, be spent in vain”.
7. I will always work for clean home, clean planet Earth and clean energy.
8. As a youth of my nation, I will work and work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others.
9. I am as young as my faith and as old as my doubt. Hence, I will light up then, the lamp of faith in my heart.
10. My National Flag flies in my heart and I will bring glory to my nation.
By Dr. APJ Abdulkalam
“Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
“Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” –Christian D. Larson
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” –Winston Churchill
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” –Alexander Graham Bell
“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drowned your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” –Steve Jobs
“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” –H. Jackson Brown Jr.
“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.” – Unknown
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – Albert Einstein
“When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!” – Unknown
“The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is
actually possible.” – Joel Brown
“Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” – Larry Winget
“Three things you cannot recover in life: the WORD after it’s said, the MOMENT after it’s missed and the TIME after it’s gone. Be Careful!” – Unknown
“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
“The biggest failure you can have in life is making the mistake of never trying at all.” – Unknown
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. –Robert Frost
The mind is everything. What you think you become. –Buddha
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. –Stephen Covey
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain
Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. –Jamie Paolinetti
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings. –Ann Landers
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. –Confucius
Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. –Gloria Steinem
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
“Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
“Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?” – Unknown