Over the years, the Institute has made continuous effort to develop the Placement Cell into a fully fledged Department. Placement Cell enjoys the status of one independent Department. It functions round the Year with series of activities. It has two fold thrust areas
– To Enhance Employability Skills of Students (Career Development)
– To organize Campus Interviews.
The academic curriculum focuses mainly on gaining subject knowledge. A polishing is needed to gear up the student with skills required to get employed. Career Development works with following objectives
Training Methods of Career Development Cell:
1. Coaching for good spoken English, making communication more impressive and effective.
2. Improvement in quantitative and logical reasoning.
3. Aiming to make the follower to be a leader.
4. Arranging Mock interviews and Group discussions.
5. Evaluation of upgraded skills at regular intervals
6. Arranging student interaction with Corporate leaders.
7. Training through Alumni.
8. Off Campus Coaching through professional Trainers like Builders Association of India etc.,
9. Creating Question Bank from Competitive exams like GATE, CAT etc.,
Career Development activities support Placement by modular, intensive coaching as per industry needs.
Placement Cell keeps track of market trends in Technical Man power demand. It analyses data and prepare strategy to make maximum students get employed.
Objectives of Placement Cell:
· Planning for the Skill Upgradation.
· Accrediting and short listing the student for Campus Interview
Placement Cell is Headed by One Professor and administrative staff. Institute spares necessary facilities for holding Seminars , Workshops and Site Visits.
Arranges Job Mela at Campus for Mass employment , inviting job aspirants from neighboring Districts also.
The placement cell invited reputed companies for placement of the students and in the year 2012 total 113 students were selected.
Regular training programmes on soft Skills, Communication Skills and Aptitude are arranged to prepare the students to meet the challenges of the industry. The students also attend the pooled campus drives organized in Gulbarga Region.
Job Fair “Sanyogah” was arranged in June 2012 and 23 Companies participated and about 100 students were selected.
Following Companies Conducted Campus Interviews for the
1. Texport Syndicate Pvt.Ltd. Bangalore, 2. FFI Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore,
3. Himmath Singh Ka Sedi Pvt.Ltd. Hasan, 4. Garment Industry Hynderabad,
5. Devas Engg. Systems Pvt. Ltd. 6. Tecklever Bangalore,
7. Connect Talent Bangalore, 8. K2W Bangalore,
9. Tanvi Solutions Mangalore, 10. P C Point Chennai,
11. Akshaya Systems Chennai, 12. Alcatel Lucent Bangalore,
13. Sriram Value Hyderabad, 14. Trinita Engg.,
15. JMC Projects India Ltd., 16. Coastal Projects Ltd.,
17. Purvankara Projects, 18. S & G Metal Building,
19. V.S. Reddy Constructions, 20. GDR Constructions,
21. HR.Com Bangalore, 22. Process Global Bangalore,
23. Tyto Software, 24. Ajmeera Construction,
25. Common Floor Bangalore,
Prof. S.Shivakumar : Placement Co-ordinator
Cell : 9880654656
Email : email@example.com
1. Prof. Narasimharaju : Civil Department
2. Prof. H.R. Diwate : Mechanical Engg. Department
3. Prof. V.K. Jalihal : E&CE Department
4. Prof. P.G. Kurle : Textile Engg. Department
5. Prof. Veeresh : CSE Department
6. Prof. Sachin Adi : ISE Department6
7. Prof. Amaresh Patil : MBA
Visit us at
Training and Placement Office
SLN Engineering College Yermarus Camp, Raichur
emal : firstname.lastname@example.org